Key Accomplishments in 2021
You were part of another unforgettable year.
Whether you volunteered, donated, prayed, or advocated for our mission, thank you for making 2021 impactful. The year wasn’t without its challenges. With your help, we’ve built a strong foundation to weather anything that comes our way.
There is one win that rises to the top. If you take one accomplishment away from 2021, let it be this:
For the first time, the total number of homes repaired in our history has exceeded the total number of homeowners on our waiting list for an entire year.
That means while our waiting list continues to hover around 1,000 applicants, we started the year having repaired more than 1,150 homes. We’re now eclipsing 1,250 homes repaired in our 15-year history. We are tipping the scales.
While there is still work to be done, there is comfort in knowing you’re on our side.
Here are some other key accomplishments made in 2021:
- More than 135 homes have been repaired to date ensuring more than 211 residents have safer homes. Read about Ms. L’s story here.
- We served our 100th veteran and established the volunteer veteran support team.
- We kicked off our 15th anniversary repairing homes in the Upstate at Wake Up with Rebuild where Lt. Governor Pamela Evette made remarks.
- We were awarded & implemented a program for our first federal grant.
- We’ve invested more staff time into case management to support homeowners.
- We became a certified Community Development Corporation.
- We recognized supporters and volunteers at the 2021 Because of You BBQ.
2021 Video Recap
- An overview of our impact from the past 15 years.
- Go behind the scenes of our program with this recording of the 2021 Homeowner Deep Dive.
- We highlighted our work in Anderson County.
- Sanders Home Comfort Solutions donated HVAC for a homeowner.
- Volunteers with Engenius repaired a home.
- Chris Manley got pied!
These accomplishments wouldn’t be possible without volunteers, community donors, and our business, faith, and foundation partners who choose to invest in home repairs.
Thank you for a successful year. We can’t wait to see what great things 2022 brings.