Turn Your Passion For Service Into a Career
If you’re looking for a rewarding and impactful career, we might have just the place for you here at Rebuild Upstate. Our tight-knit team works together each day to bring life to our mission and foster strong, sustainable communities.
If you’re a self-starter, thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy solving problems, you’re already off to a great start! Explore our open positions below to apply.
While there is not a position currently available, we continue to accept applications and will hold them for one year. Should a position become available, we will contact qualified applicants on file.
Position Title: Home Repair Program Coordinator
Status: Full-Time (40 hrs/week) or Half-Time (20 hrs/week)
Location: Greenville, SC
Salary: $31,000-$35,000/year, based on experience for full-time
Overall Nature and Scope of Position
Rebuild Upstate is hiring a self-motivated Home Repair Program Coordinator with experience in construction. This position reports to the Director of Operations. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure that they qualify for available funding, will plan all projects to fall within the applicable guidelines and budget, and contribute to completing said projects. He or she will work with the Engagement Team and Director of Operations to ensure that all aspects of work are appropriately planned and staffed with volunteers, and will lead teams of volunteers in completing the work or complete the work themselves, as needed. When applicable, this individual will work with contractors to get bids and complete projects that are not suitable for volunteer labor. We are looking for a dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. The job requires some weekend hours and flexibility. If you would enjoy working with a small team of professionals to accomplish the mission of Rebuild Upstate, we encourage you to apply.
Rebuild Upstate repairs the houses of our low-income neighbors to make homes safer, healthier and more livable. We envision an Upstate where everyone has the opportunity to live a life of dignity in a safe home environment in order to maintain and foster strong, sustainable communities.
Project Management & Planning
- Inspect clients homes and identify home repair needs
- Plan how to complete necessary repairs, including takeoffs and task lists
- Oversee purchase and ensure timely delivery of materials and trailers/tools to worksites
- Oversee Worksite Safety and Volunteer Orientation
- Physical labor is required, including cleaning up work sites, loading materials into truck or trailer, or completing projects as needed
- Submit paperwork, as appropriate, to funding agencies
- Coordinate with the engagement team on all volunteer issues
- Facilitate completion of projects by leading groups of volunteers of varying ages and abilities
Documentation & Reporting
- Manage homeowner tracking and project paperwork for assigned projects
- Ensure all volunteer paperwork is completed and documented
- Ensure paperwork is properly entered into databases and stored
- Work as part of a small team to accomplish the mission of Rebuild Upstate
- Keep supervisor informed of all activity, progress, and issues as they arise
- Represent Rebuild Upstate in the community and to specific groups/associations
- Participate in professional development as recommended and provided
Assist in creating funding partnerships with individuals, churches, businesses and other groups in the community
- Other tasks as assigned
- Construction/repair experience
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once
- High School Diploma (higher education preferred)
- Experience with excel, word, email (google suites preferred)
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Experience pulling/backing trailers preferred
- Project planning skills and budgeting skills preferred
Hours & Compensation
- Forty hours per week for full-time; specific hours vary
- Twenty hours per week for half-time; specific hours vary
- Weekend work required based on volunteer availability
- Flexible schedule
Please designate your desired hours (full-time or half-time) in the application.