An Update from Rebuild Upstate President/CEO & Founder Chris Manley
Dear Rebuild Upstate family,
The past fifteen months have certainly been an adventure and there are parts of that adventure that continue now and for the foreseeable future. At Rebuild Upstate, we value and strive for the safety of our homeowners, our volunteers, and our staff as we repair homes. Since the start of the pandemic, we have relied on the advice and recommendations of public health officials to guide our procedures in the interest of keeping everyone safe and healthy; we continue to do that now.
We have made several updates to our COVID-19 Operating Procedures for Worksites based on the most recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). The changes listed below are effective immediately. Our team will continue to monitor the recommendations of health experts and assess how we can revise our own procedures to minimize the effect to our work while also maximizing the safety of our homeowners, volunteers, and staff.
Thank you so much for working with us throughout these unprecedented times. We are proud to have never stopped repairing homes throughout the pandemic, despite delays and slowdowns. You have helped us make that happen at a time when home means more to our homeowners than ever before. Thank you!
Grace and peace,
COVID-19 Worksite Procedures
effective June 1, 2021
For Outdoor Worksite Activities:
- No homeowner or volunteer restrictions.
- It is recommended that individuals with certain health conditions continue to wear masks, as recommended by health officials (see CDC or DHEC guidance for specific health conditions & recommendations)
For Indoor Worksite Activities, including any instance of being inside of a home:
- Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals.
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals*.
- *Masks may be required when requested by the homeowner. Some of our homeowners have health conditions or other factors that may require mask-wearing inside of their home.
- Unvaccinated homeowners are recommended to keep 10ft of distance from volunteer groups and wear a mask while volunteers are inside of their home.
For All Worksites:
- Hand sanitizer and soap will continue to be available on site. It is recommended to continue washing hands and/or sanitizing frequently, especially prior to meals and snacks.
- Homeowners and volunteers may again provide home-cooked meals.
- Homeowner bathrooms will be available for use by volunteers while following above procedures for being inside of a homeowner’s home (if unvaccinated or upon homeowner request, volunteers will be required to wear a mask inside of the home.)