COVID-19 Response and Plan of Action
A Letter from President/CEO & Founder, Chris Manley:
Dear Rebuild Upstate family,
This is a challenging time for us all as we cope with a new reality for the coming weeks and months. Rebuild Upstate is committed to the safety of our homeowners, volunteers, and staff; we are also committed to playing our part in limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
As such, we are taking the following steps effective immediately:
- Our office will remain closed and our staff are working remotely
- All workdays through May 31 are cancelled and we will work with groups to reschedule build days for later in the year
- All events scheduled through May 31 will be cancelled and rescheduled at a later date
As of last week, we have nearly 1,200 homes on our waiting list – each representing a family living in substandard, unsafe housing. While we may be paused for now in repairing homes, we still have a mission to accomplish and a job to do once it is safe again to congregate.
What can you do to help us repair these homes once we’re able once again? Here are a few things you can do right now:
- Give. We are already seeing disruptions in our fundraising and need funds to be prepared to continue repairs once we are able.
- Schedule a fall build day. Go ahead and get it on the calendar now. If your company, church, or organization typically volunteer once in the spring and once in the fall, consider doubling up in the fall.
In this time of uncertainty, I am certain of one thing: we will get through it together. I am thankful for each of you who are committed to serving those who need our help. My prayers are with you and your families as you seek a new normal as we wait for a time to gather again.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers for our staff and the people we serve.
Grace and peace,