We are currently hiring an administrator and a project manager.
Position Title: Administrator
Reports To: Assistant Director
Status: Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Location: Greenville, SC
Position Posted: April 8, 2019
Who We Are
Rebuild Upstate believes that all people deserve to live in safe, healthy, affordable homes. Thousands of families in our community lack this within their existing home. We seek to repair and rehabilitate these owner-occupied homes to be proper living spaces for the individuals and families – our neighbors.
Through the commitment of 1,489 individual volunteers, we repaired and rehabilitated the homes of 172 families in 2018. In 2019, we anticipate repairing and rehabilitating 178 additional homes in Anderson, Greenville, Oconee, and Pickens Counties of Upstate South Carolina.
Repairing and rehabilitating a home often involves a combination of roofing, plumbing, electrical, flooring, and carpentry projects. In addition to repairing the existing home, Rebuild Upstate also ensures that families have safe access in and out of their home through the construction and repair of steps, porches, railings, and wheelchair ramps.
Since our founding in 2006, Rebuild Upstate has grown to include a team of six staff and an AmeriCorps VISTA. Our office is located in downtown Greenville, SC, from which we serve four counties.
Whom We Seek
The Administrator is an extremely organized and integral part of our team. This person is responsible for general receptionist duties, office management, client intake and data collection/management, overseeing office volunteers, and home visit appointment scheduling for the Operations team. Additionally, this person will oversee general office management, including filing, common area scheduling, and assisting the President/CEO and Assistant Director with administrative tasks.
Success in this role includes a thorough understanding of the organization’s processes and procedures and working with a wide range of tasks in any given workday. Accuracy of data, organization of our office, and assistance to key staff will be the primary metrics by which this person’s performance is measured.
A Typical Week in This Role
An ordinary week in this role might include some of these activities:
- Executing the organization’s document retention policy and archiving past years’ records while destroying documents that are no longer needed for retention.
- Reviewing assistance requests and updating as necessary.
- Scheduling upcoming meetings with homeowners for the Operations team.
- Scheduling the shared conference room for a community meeting.
- Traveling to the post office to check mail and drop-off several outbound letters.
- Coordinating with a project manager to issue an invoice to a funding partner for a recently completed home repair project.
- Receive phone calls from homeowners seeking assistance or a referring agency and collecting application information.
- Overseeing office volunteers working on pre/post surveys.
- Entering data into various funder-required systems for client tracking.
- 1-3 years administrative and/or office management experience
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Strong references from previous employers
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Apps/GSuite
- A team-focused mindset
- Strong listening skills
How to Apply
Rebuild Upstate offers competitive benefits, including vacation leave and a retirement plan match. A full benefits package will be reviewed during the interview process, though we are happy to provide more information upon request.
Our interview process is extensive, typically involving up to four discussions with members of our team. We believe it is important to thoroughly evaluate a candidate’s skills and fit with our culture, as well as allow plenty of opportunities for a candidate to evaluate our culture and expectations. This process moves quickly, though is important to ensure a mutual fit.
To apply, please visit this link to complete an application and provide a cover letter and your resume, which are required to apply for this role. When writing your cover letter, please address why you believe you are a good fit for this specific role at our organization. Use it to tell us why your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this position. Also tell us why you would be the best person to join our team. We look forward to getting to know you.